Continuation of First Aid Classes
About Basic First Aid with CPRAED Course
In this Basic First Aid with CPR+AED course, you will learn to perform Basic First Aid, administer Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and use the Automated External Defibrillator (AED) machine on an unconscious casualty before help arrives.
This course is suitable for individuals who do not require an accredited First Aid Provider Certificate, and can also be customized to meet the first aid badge requirements of various CCA groups (such as The Boys’ Brigade, The Girls’ Brigade, National Police Cadet Corps and more).
If you are a Sports Coach or Fitness Instructor, the course you should attend is Standard First Aid.
CPR+AED Module is included in this Course.
|Duration||:||8 contact hours (1 full day)|
|Course Fee||:||$130.00 bgst ($139.10 wgst) before funding (for company-sponsored participants)|
|Skillsfuture / TPG Course Code||:||TGS-2021004330|
|Training Venue||:||51 Cuppage Road, #03-03, behind Centrepoint, Somerset|
Participants will receive the e-guidebook via email. Hardcopy guidebooks can be purchased over the counter on the day of the course.
For private corporate runs, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the chosen course and number of participants.
At the end of the Basic First Aid with CPRAED the trainees will be able to:
- Identify the underlying causes of different types of injuries (refer to content tab)
- Administer basic immediate first aid before medical help arrives
- Manage Foreign Body Airway Obstruction for conscious adult
- Perform Adult Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Use the Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
• Introduction to First Aid
– First aid equipment and supplies
– Primary survey (DRSABC)
– Recovery position
• Breathing Difficulties
– Care for choking, allergies and asthma
• Circulatory system and wound management
– Understanding Heart Attack Vs Cardiac Arrest
– Bandaging techniques for wounds
– Diabetic conditions
• Musculoskeletal Injuries
– Bandaging techniques for fractures
– Management of soft tissue injuries
Theory Assessment: 80% score requirement (Multiple Choice Questions, 2 attempts allowed)
Upon successful completion of the course, participants will receive a certificate in CPR+AED that is accredited by the Singapore Resuscitation and First Aid Council (SRFAC) and is valid for 2 years and a certificate in Basic First Aid + AED accreditated by Singapore Emergency Responder Academy (SERA)
- Able to speak, read and understand English effectively
- No medical heart and lung conditions or any physical disabilities and injuries that will prevent the participant from performing CPR
- Convenient Location – SERA is centrally located at the heart of town, Somerset, 5 minutes walk from the MRT!
- Classroom-based learning with hands-on practice to reinforce skills performance with feedback from an instructor
- Course is developed and conducted in accordance with the guidelines set by the Singapore Resuscitation and First Aid Council (SRFAC)
- SERA uses Laerdal QCPR Manikins (delivered from the US) that has unique and advanced features to enhance your learning experiences.
8 hours (1 day from 9:30 am to 6:30 pm)
What our customers say about our courses
Y. Y. ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
I’ve attended the First Aid and AED courses at a few providers before and while those were good, what they have at SERA is a whole lot better.
I attended their First Aid and AED refresher course and having attended others before, thought it would be pretty much the standard two day course. At the end of the two days however, I came away from it not only better educated but having really really enjoyed myself! 😀👍
I had been to a few places for OFA course, but they were not well-equipped in managing people relationship. SERA has demonstrated as a leader in people-centric. They value my team, our goal for taking up the course and committed to see us through the course successfully. Kudos to you! SERA is indeed a 5 star rated institution. I will be back for more!!! 😀👍
Sally N. X. ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
We will like to thank SERA for the 3 days of First Aid and AED courses that were attended by our coaches. SERA management have been super helpful with our last minute request and giving us valuable feedback and updates. We are looking forward for more people to be certified and of course for those who have taken the certificates, we look forward to join back the class 2 years later, before the expiring of our existing certificates. 😀👍