Welcome to our Psychological First Aid Online Course. We are delighted that you’ve enrolled and I’m looking forward to spending this time with you.
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Explain what is Psychological First Aid and what is not
- Know how to care for yourself and other people
- Explain the different types of crisis and how they impact on people
- Spot the warning signs of suicide
- Describe how to help people with suicidal thoughts
- Show care using active listening skills
- Provide PFA using Look, Listen and Link
Lastly, I have one important caveat to make: This course aims to equip you with the skills to provide help and support to others in need. If you suffer from feelings of depression or anxiety, I urge you to seek out a mental health professional in your community or talk to someone who you trust about what you’re experiencing. Have hope and persistence: Caring others are available in your community to help you.
So let’s get started!
Take care, Live long and prosper 🖖
Dr. John Lim,
President of Singapore Emergency Responder Academy