About Psychological First Aid Online Course (For HealthServe)
Psychological first aid (PFA) is an evidence-based approach to provide initial support to people who have experienced a traumatic crisis. There are many benefits to providing PFA. Firstly, it creates an upward spiral effect and they would feel better after a period of time. They would also feel safe and connected to others. Secondly, people would gain access to social, physical, and emotional support. Lastly, they would achieve a sense of control as they go on to help others.
This workshop is customized for HealthServe Volunteers and Staff.
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Explain what is Psychological First Aid and what is not
- Know how to care for yourself and other people
- Explain the different types of crisis and how they impact on people
- Show care using active listening skills
- Provide PFA using Look, Listen and Link
Lastly, a certificate of completion in Psychological First Aid Online will be given after you complete the course.