Continuation of First Aid Classes
About CPR+AED Course
CPR + AED Certification Course aims to empower individuals to step forward and perform Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and use the Automated External Defibrillator (AED) when called upon. Many studies have shown that performing CPR and use of the AED can improve the chance of survival of the casualty. In fact, for every minute of delayed treatment, the chance of survival drops by 7-10%.
In line with Singapore’s effort to equip more people with CPR+AED skills, SERA is offering affordable yet quality training using our high fidelity QCPR Manikin by Laerdal and Brayden PRO QCPR. This is in line with Singapore Resuscitation and First Aid Council (SRFAC) guidelines for all CPR+AED Certification courses to be equipped with QCPR Training.
This course only covers CPR+AED. If you require First Aid Certification with CPR+AED, you may be looking for the Standard First Aid course instead.
|Mode||:||Blended learning (Complete theory modules online at your own time and pace, followed by a 2-hour face-to-face practical session)|
|Duration||:||Online Learning (Approximately 2 hours) + Onsite Practical & Assessment (2 contact hours)|
|Course Fee||:||$70.00 bgst ($74.90 wgst) before funding|
|Skillsfuture / TPG Course Code||:||As this course is only 2-4 hours long, it is not eligible for any funding.|
|Training Venue||:||51 Cuppage Road, #03-03, behind Centrepoint, Somerset|
This course is for both Full and Refresher participants. The duration cannot be further compressed for Refresher participants.
After registration and confirmation of payment method, participants will receive their online learning credentials 1-3 working days later. Participants will receive the e-guidebook via email. Hardcopy guidebooks can be purchased over the counter on the day of the course.
For private corporate runs, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the chosen course and number of participants.
How to Register
Click the button below to view our upcoming course dates. By filling in your registration details and clicking the submit button, we will receive your registration details.
If your company is doing bulk registrations and sending participants for different course dates, email email@example.com for the bulk enrolment form instead and we will assist you accordingly.
For individuals from government agencies or MOE schools, we can submit an e-invoice. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the name(s) of the participant(s) that you have registered, along with the e-invoicing instructions (such as department and sub-business unit).
For individuals from private organizations, send an email to email@example.com with the name(s) of the participant(s) that you have registered and SERA will send you an invoice.
Between 2-4 working days after you register for the course, you will receive a separate email with your online account details to start your online learning. This will consists of readings, videos and quizzes.
Please complete this before your scheduled course date.
As part of the assessment requirements, participants must do 2 minutes of continuous chest compressions and this can be physically strenuous. Participants experiencing the following medical conditions are advised not to participant.
- Now or has ever had or been bothered with any medical illnesses like back trouble, knee/joint/spinal injuries, heart trouble, high blood pressure, fainting spells, other physical conditions or other medical disabilities or serious illness
- Is currently pregnant
If you proceed with the course, please seek your doctor’s advice for the green light to continue, and produce the doctor’s letter. If you opt out of the CPR+AED assessment during the course, you will not pass the course and instead, receive a Certificate of Attendance.
For anyone with or without medical training who needs to be equipped with skills in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and Automated External Defibrillator (AED) use.
At the end of the course the trainees will be able to:
- Identity signs and symptoms of cardiac arrest and heart attack
- Perform adult Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- Use the Automated External Defibrillator
- Chain of Survival
- Signs and symptoms of a heart attack
- Signs and symptoms of a cardiac arrest
- How to perform Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- How to use the Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
Theory Assessment: 80% score requirement (Multiple Choice Questions, 2 attempts allowed)
Practical Assessment: 100% score requirement (3 attempts allowed)
- The re-assessment fee of $40 applies for trainees who fail their 2nd attempt of the theory assessment
- Trainees who fail in any practical assessment will have to retake theory and practical assessments
- Trainees who fail on the 3rd attempt of the practical assessment will retake the entire course
Upon successful completion of the course, participants will receive a CPR + AED Certification that is accredited by the Singapore Resuscitation and First Aid Council (SRFAC) and is valid for 2 years.
成功完成课程后，参与者将获得CPR + AED证书，该证书由新加坡复苏和急救委员会（SRFAC）认证，有效期为2年。
- Able to speak, read and understand English effectively
- No medical heart and lung conditions or any physical disabilities and injuries that will prevent the participant from performing CPR
- Convenient Location – SERA is centrally located at the heart of town, Somerset, 5 minutes walk from the MRT!
- Classroom-based learning with hands-on practice to reinforce skills performance with feedback from an instructor
- Course is developed and conducted in accordance with the guidelines set by the Singapore Resuscitation and First Aid Council (SRFAC)
- SERA uses Laerdal QCPR Manikins (delivered from the US) that has unique and advanced features to enhance your learning experiences.
What our customers say about our courses
Y. Y. ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
I’ve attended the First Aid and AED courses at a few providers before and while those were good, what they have at SERA is a whole lot better.
I attended their First Aid and AED refresher course and having attended others before, thought it would be pretty much the standard two day course. At the end of the two days however, I came away from it not only better educated but having really really enjoyed myself! 👍
I had been to a few places for OFA course, but they were not well-equipped in managing people relationship. SERA has demonstrated as a leader in people-centric. They value my team, our goal for taking up the course and committed to see us through the course successfully. Kudos to you! SERA is indeed a 5 star rated institution. I will be back for more!!! 👍
Sally N. X. ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
We will like to thank SERA for the 3 days of First Aid and AED courses that were attended by our coaches. SERA management have been super helpful with our last minute request and giving us valuable feedback and updates. We are looking forward for more people to be certified and of course for those who have taken the certificates, we look forward to join back the class 2 years later, before the expiring of our existing certificates. 👍
This message is only visible to admins.
Problem displaying Facebook posts.
Click to show error