About Occupational First Aid (OFA) Course
Occupational First Aid aims to equip you with knowledge and skills to provide First Aid to Adult casualties and to use the Automated External Defibrillator (AED) safely and effectively in the workplace. The course is aligned with the guidelines and method stipulated by the Singapore Resuscitation and First Aid Council (SRFAC).
The course is a requirement for all Appointed First Aiders to fulfil the Workplace Safety and Health (First Aid) Regulation in their workplace.
✔️ CPR+AED Module is included in this Course.
📍 Training Location: 51 Cuppage Road, #03-03, behind Centrepoint, Somerset
🕐 Course Duration: 3-Day [24 hours]
🧮 Course Fee: $321.00 (incl of GST)
👨🏻🏫 SSG/Skillsfuture Course Code: CRS-N-0040685
*SSG Absentee Payroll Calculator: Click here
💎 23 SDU Points awarded by Singapore Institution of Safety Officers (CPD Code: CPD/213/A1B/007)
More Info on SSG:
*SSG (Formely known as WDA) Training Grant and Absentee Payroll available for Company Sponsored Participant (PR & Singaporean above 21 years old). SSG Training Grant is available for self sponsored participant as well. For Singaporean aged 25 years old and above, you can also use your Skillsfuture credits for this course.
Accredited by the Ministry of Manpower in compliance with ISO 29990:2010 for learning service providers with 23 SDU points awarded
📅 Our training is available on weekdays and weekends. Kindly click on the button below to register.
1) Appointed First Aiders
Where more than 25 persons are employed in a workplace, there shall be appointed in the workplace as first-aiders who shall be readily available during working hours. Such number of persons as complies with the ratio of one first-aider for every 100 persons employed in the workplace or part thereof (Workplace Safety and Health (First-Aid) Regulations).
2) Safety officers
3) Laboratory technicians
4) Workers who operate with heavy machinery etc
Occupational First Aid Course Content
- Principles and practices of first aid
- Management of medical emergencies
- Wounds, bleeding and shock
- Fractures and soft tissues injuries
- Handling and transportation of the injured
- Eye and other injuries
- Burn injuries
- Breathing difficulties
- The unconscious casualty
- First Aid Requirements in Factories and Other Workplace – The Workplace Safety & Health (First Aid) Regulations
- Industrial Toxicology – Chemicals, Safety Data Sheet, Preventive and Precautionary measures with Case Studies
- Safety and Accident Prevention – Workplace Safety & Health Act Safe Work Measures with Case Studies
- CPR & use of AED
Theory Assessment: 80% score requirement (Multiple Choice Questions, 2 attempts allowed)
Practical Assessment: 100% score requirement (3 attempts allowed)
- The re-assessment fee of $40 applies for trainees who fail their 2nd attempt of the theory assessment
- Trainees who fail in any practical assessment will have to retake theory and practical assessments
- Recourse will be required if he or she fails on the 3rd attempt of the practical assessment
A certificate will be given at the end of the training once the trainees pass the skills set and assessments. The certificate is valid for 2 years.
- Able to speak, read and understand English effectively
- No medical heart and lung conditions or any physical disabilities and injuries that will prevent the participant from performing CPR
- Participants will need to submit a digital copy of their passport photo (.jpg or .png) to firstname.lastname@example.org upon registration.
- Course is approved by the Ministry of Manpower (MOM), guided by the Curriculum Development Authority (CDA)
- Classroom-based in hands-on class set up that reinforces skills performance, group interaction and feedback from an instructor
- SERA uses Laerdal QCPR Manikins (delivered from the US) that has unique and advanced features to enhance your learning experiences.
24 hours (3 days from 9:30 am to 6:30 pm for each day), 24 hours (6 days from 6:00pm to 10:00pm)
Singapore Resuscitation and First Aid Council (SRFAC)
Approved by: Ministry of Manpower
Guided by: Curriculum Development Authority (CDA)
|Self-Sponored||Funding Amount||Balance Payable inclusive of GST|
|SSG Funding (≥ 21 years old)||$248.00||$83.70|
|Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy (≥ 40 years old)||$279.00||$52.70|
- You can use your SkillsFuture Credit to claim for the remaining of the course fee! For the user guide on how to claim SkillsFuture Credit, please click here.
- To apply for funding, kindly write to email@example.com
|Company-Sponsored (SME)||Funding Amount||Balance Payable inclusive of GST|
|Coy, SME, Non-WTS, External Course Fees - |
90% of course fee up to $25 per training hr + $15 per OJT hr
Absentee Payroll - 80% of hourly basic salary up to $7.50 per training hr
|Coy, SME, WTS, External Course Fees - |
95% of course fee up to $26.50 per training hr + $15 per OJT hr
Absentee Payroll - 95% of hourly basic salary
|Company-Sponsored (NON-SME)||Funding Amount||Balance Payable inclusive of GST|
|Coy, Non-SME, Non-WTS, External Course Fees ( ≥ 21 years old ) - |
80% of course fee up to $17 per training hr + $7 per OJT hrAbsentee Payroll -
80% of hourly basic salary up to $4.50 per training hr
|Coy, Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy (≥ 40 years old ), External Course Fees - ||$279.00||$52.70|
|Coy, Non-SME, WTS, External Course Fees - |
95% of course fee up to $26.50 per training hr + $8.50 per OJT hr
Absentee Payroll - 95% of hourly basic salary
- Note: SSG Funding, >=21 yrs old: Applicable to Singapore Citizen/PR, Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy, >=40 yrs old: Applicable to Singapore Citizen ONLY
- *Course Fee tabulated above is before the promotion price, grants will be adjusted based on the promotion price
- Please note that prices are subject to changes
- Grant amount indicated here does not include absentee payroll (AP) funding as this is dependent on the trainee’s hourly basic salary (other than for trainees supported by surrogate Employers, where AP is computed on flat rate independent of salary)
- Course ID: CRS-N-0045659
SERA’s OFA has been approved under the Continuing Professional Development Programme, where Workplace Safety and Health Officers will be awarded 23 Safety Development Unit (SDU) points.
View Upcoming Dates and Register Now:
Occupational First Aid 3-Day Course
$321.00 (incl of GST)
Occupational First Aid Evening Course
Not available at this moment
What our customers say about our courses
Y. Y. ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
I’ve attended the First Aid and AED courses at a few providers before and while those were good, what they have at SERA is a whole lot better.
I attended their First Aid and AED refresher course and having attended others before, thought it would be pretty much the standard two day course. At the end of the two days however, I came away from it not only better educated but having really really enjoyed myself! 👍
I had been to a few places for OFA course, but they were not well-equipped in managing people relationship. SERA has demonstrated as a leader in people-centric. They value my team, our goal for taking up the course and committed to see us through the course successfully. Kudos to you! SERA is indeed a 5 star rated institution. I will be back for more!!! 👍
Sally N. X. ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
We will like to thank SERA for the 3 days of First Aid and AED courses that were attended by our coaches. SERA management have been super helpful with our last minute request and giving us valuable feedback and updates. We are looking forward for more people to be certified and of course for those who have taken the certificates, we look forward to join back the class 2 years later, before the expiring of our existing certificates. 👍