About Psychological First Aid Course
Psychological First Aid aims to provide you with basic knowledge and skills to help adults who are affected by the crisis in life. The crisis which includes man-made, natural and personal can be overwhelming for an individual to cope. By applying Psychological First Aid skills, you will be able to support the individual through the crisis and refer them to professional help like counselors.
The course will also teach you to recognize signs of stress and how you can cope with stress. Furthermore, you will also learn the warning signs of suicide and what you can do to help someone with suicidal idealization.
📅 Our training is available on weekdays and weekends. Kindly click on the button below to register.
📍 Training Location: 51 Cuppage Road, #03-03, behind Centrepoint, Somerset
🕐 Course Duration: Blended Learning – Online Learning + 4-hours Session
🧮 Course Fee:
$222.56 (incl of GST) Now: $128.40 (incl of GST)
- HR personnel, department heads who requires to handle the crisis in the workplace
- Working Adults who are keen to provide psychological support in the workplace
- Student Leaders in Secondary / JC / Polytechnic and University
- Individuals who are keen to equip themselves to skills helping others in distress
At the end of the course the trainees will be able to:
- Understand the different types of crisis
- Identify the signs of stress
- Demonstrate stress management techniques
- Recognize grief processes
- Identify the warning signs of suicide
- Identify ways to help an individual with suicidal thoughts
- Demonstrate active listening skills
- State the actions principles of Psychological First Aid
- Provide Psychological First Aid using Look, Listen and Link Techniques
- Demonstrate the ability to provide self care and care for others
The course is a classroom-based training with lectures, hands-on and role play activities.
Module 1: Introduction: Importance of Psychological First Aid During Crisis:
- What is Psychological First Aid?
- When is Psychological First Aid applied?
- What is a crisis?
- How can Psychological First Aid skills be applied in a crisis?
Module 2: Helping People to manage stress
- Identifying the causes of stress
- Identifying colleagues/classmates in distress
- Strategies to cope with stress and assist an individual who is in distress
Module 3: Helping People to cope with Grief, Death and Bereavement
- The Fundamentals of Grief Management
– Understanding Loss and Grief
– 5 Stages of Grief Process
- Traumatic Bereavement
Module 4: Suicide Risk Assessment and Management
- Warning signs of suicidal emergency
- Suicide Risk Assessment
- Steps in helping friends who are suicidal
Module 5: Psychological First Aid Skills and Framework
- Look, Listen and Link
- Active Listening Skills – Encouraging, Paraphrasing and Summarising
- Dos and Dont’s in Psychological First Aid
- Self-care in Psychological First Aid
- Role Play and Skills Practice
Upon successful completion of the course, participants will receive a certificate in Psychological First Aid, accredited by ACC Institute of Human Services.
- Able to speak, read and understand English effectively
- Recommended age: From 16 years old and above
- Classroom-based Instructor-led training
- SERA Psychological First Aid Course Guide
- Group activities, case scenarios and role play
- Trainer for this course holds a Minimum Masters of Counselling
8 hours (1 day from 9:30 am to 6:30 pm)
What our customers say about our courses
Y. Y. ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
I’ve attended the First Aid and AED courses at a few providers before and while those were good, what they have at SERA is a whole lot better.
I attended their First Aid and AED refresher course and having attended others before, thought it would be pretty much the standard two day course. At the end of the two days however, I came away from it not only better educated but having really really enjoyed myself! 😀👍
I had been to a few places for OFA course, but they were not well-equipped in managing people relationship. SERA has demonstrated as a leader in people-centric. They value my team, our goal for taking up the course and committed to see us through the course successfully. Kudos to you! SERA is indeed a 5 star rated institution. I will be back for more!!! 😀👍
Sally N. X. ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
We will like to thank SERA for the 3 days of First Aid and AED courses that were attended by our coaches. SERA management have been super helpful with our last minute request and giving us valuable feedback and updates. We are looking forward for more people to be certified and of course for those who have taken the certificates, we look forward to join back the class 2 years later, before the expiring of our existing certificates. 😀👍