About Standard First Aid Refresher Course
Standard First Aid + AED Refresher Course is a prerequisite for all sports coaches in Singapore to participate to renew their coaching license under Singapore Sports. The course aims to equip you with knowledge and skills to provide first aid treatment and use an Automated External Defibrillator (AED) safety and effectively.
Provider certificates are eligible for renewal/refresher course, 3 months before or 3 months after the stated expiry date.
✔️ CPR+AED Module is included in this Course.
📍 Training Location: 51 Cuppage Road, #03-03, behind Centrepoint, Somerset
🕐 Course Duration: 1.5-Day [15.5 hours] / Blended Learning: Online Learning+Onsite Practical & Assessment
🧮 Course Fee: $180.83 (incl of GST)
👨🏻🏫 SSG/Skillsfuture Course Code: CRS-N-0045659
🏅Course Accreditation Recognised by National Registry of Coaches (Sports SG)
More Info on SSG Funding:
*SSG (Formely known as WDA) Training Grant and Absentee Payroll available for Company Sponsored Participant (PR & Singaporean above 21 years old). SSG Training Grant is available for self sponsored participant as well. For Singaporean aged 25 years old and above, you can also use your Skillsfuture credits for this course.
1) Coaches, Instructors and Trainers
As part of SERA’s continuous support toward Singapore sports scene, SERA offers a 10% discount for all NROC Coaches
2) MOE School Teachers
3) Individual interested to become Standard First Aid Instructor
The Standard First Aid Certification is one of the requirements for Individual to teach Standard First Aid
4) Appointed First Aiders
Where more than 25 persons are employed in a workplace, there shall be appointed in the workplace as first-aiders who shall be readily available during working hours such number of persons as complies with the ratio of one first-aider for every 100 persons employed in the workplace or part thereof (Workplace Safety and Health (First-Aid) Regulations).
5) Individual keen on learning advance first aid skills and knowledge
At the end of the course the trainees will be able to:
- Identify the underlying causes of different types of injuries
- Administer basic immediate first aid without any medical help
- Perform adult CPR and use the AED
- Learn foreign body airway obstruction (i.e. choking) management for a conscious or unconscious adult
The training syllabus and assessment guidelines meet the minimum standard set by Singapore Resuscitation and First Aid Council.
Chapter 1: Essentials of First Aid
- Definition and Aims of First Aid
- Roles / Limitations of a First Aider
- Universal Precautions
- First Aid Kit Contents and Maintenance
- Primary Survey
- Secondary Survey
- Introduction to SCDF MyResponder App
Chapter 2: Unconscious Casualty [Non-Cardiac Arrest]
- Head and Spinal Injuries
- Heat Disorders
- Low Blood Sugar
- Recovery Position
Chapter 3: Respiratory Problems
- Adult Foreign Body Airway Obstruction
- Fumes Inhalation
- Asthma Attack
- Allergic Reaction
Chapter 4: Shock, Bleeding and Wounds
- Bites and Stings
- Arms / Legs
Chapter 5: Musculoskeletal Injuries
- Fracture and Dislocation
- Fractured Skull, Dislocated Jaw, Collar Bone, Dislocated Shoulder, Rib. Arms and Legs
Chapter 6: Burn Injuries
- Burns Depth and Severity of Burns
- Classification and Treatment of Burns
Chapter 7: Other First Aid Knowledge
- Eye Injuries
- Transportation of Casualty
Chapter 8: CPR+AED Module
Theory Assessment: 80% score requirement (Multiple Choice Questions, 2 attempts allowed)
Practical Assessment: 100% score requirement (3 attempts allowed)
- Trainees who fail in any practical assessment will have to retake theory and practical assessments
- Trainees who fail on the 3rd attempt of the practical assessment will retake the entire course
Participants will have to complete 30 Multiple-Choice Questions (MCQ) test and need to score at least 80% (24/30) to successfully pass the course. if a participant fails the theory assessment, the participant will be given 1 more attempt at the theory assessment.
Participants will need to demostrate that they are Competent in the skills of performing Improvised Tourniquet, Relief of Foreign Body Airway Obstruction (FBAO) in a Conscious and Unconscious adult, 2 bandaging techniques, application of EpiPen, Inhaler with Spacer and perform QCPR and the usage of an AED safety. If a participant fails the practical assessment, the participant will be given up to 2 more attempts at the practical assessment.
|Standard First Aid|
|Theory Test||MCQ, 30 questions||80% (At least 24/30)|
|Bandaging Test||2 Techniques, Pass/Fail||Pass|
|Improvised Tourniquet||Perform Improvised Tourniquet, Pass/Fail||Pass|
|Relief of Foreign Body Airway Obstruction (FBAO) Test||FBAO in a Conscious and Unconscious Adult, Pass/Fail||Pass|
|Usage of EpiPen and Inhaler with Spacer Test||Usage of EpiPen and Inhaler with Spacer Test, Pass/Fail||Pass|
|CPR+AED Test||QCPR+AED Practical Test, Pass/Fail||Pass|
- Able to speak, read and understand English effectively
- No medical heart and lung conditions or any physical disabilities and injuries that will prevent the participant from performing CPR
- Convenient Location – SERA is centrally located at the heart of town, Somerset, 5 minutes walk from the MRT!
- Classroom-based learning with hands-on practice to reinforce skills performance with feedback from an instructor
- Course is developed and conducted in accordance with the guidelines set by the Singapore Resuscitation and First Aid Council (SRFAC)
- SERA uses Laerdal QCPR Manikins (delivered from the US) that has unique and advanced features to enhance your learning experiences.
15.5 hours (1.5 days from 9:30 am to 6:30 pm on day 1 & 9.30am to 4.30pm on day 2), 15.5 hours (4 days from 6:00pm to 10:00pm)
|Self-Sponored||Funding Amount||Balance Payable inclusive of GST|
|SSG Funding (≥ 21 years old)||$136||$45.90|
|Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy (≥ 40 years old)||$153||$28.90|
- You can use your SkillsFuture Credit to claim for the remaining of the course fee! For the user guide on how to claim SkillsFuture Credit, please click here.
- To apply for funding, kindly write to email@example.com
|Company-Sponsored (SME)||Funding Amount||Balance Payable inclusive of GST|
|Coy, SME, Non-WTS, External Course Fees - |
90% of course fee up to $25 per training hr + $15 per OJT hr
Absentee Payroll - 80% of hourly basic salary up to $7.50 per training hr"
|Coy, SME, WTS, External Course Fees - |
95% of course fee up to $26.50 per training hr + $15 per OJT hr
Absentee Payroll - 95% of hourly basic salary"
|Company-Sponsored (NON-SME)||Funding Amount||Balance Payable inclusive of GST|
|Coy, Non-SME, Non-WTS, External Course Fees ( ≥ 21 years old ) - |
80% of course fee up to $17 per training hr + $7 per OJT hrAbsentee Payroll -
80% of hourly basic salary up to $4.50 per training hr
|Coy, Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy (≥ 40 years old ), External Course Fees - ||$153.00||$28.90|
|Coy, Non-SME, WTS, External Course Fees - |
95% of course fee up to $26.50 per training hr + $8.50 per OJT hr
Absentee Payroll - 95% of hourly basic salary
- Note: SSG Funding, >=21 yrs old: Applicable to Singapore Citizen/PR, Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy, >=40 yrs old: Applicable to Singapore Citizen ONLY
- Please note that prices are subject to changes.
- *Grant amount indicated here does not include absentee payroll (AP) funding as this is dependent on the trainee’s hourly basic salary (other than for trainees supported by surrogate Employers, where AP is computed on flat rate independent of salary).
- Course ID: CRS-N-0045659
SERA’s Standard First Aid+AED Refresher Course has been approved under the Continuing Professional Development Programme, where Workplace Safety and Health Officers will be awarded 16 Safety Development Unit (SDU) points.
View Upcoming Dates and Register Now:
Blended Standard First Aid Refresher 1-Day Course
[Online Learning + Onsite Assessment]
July Promotion: $180.83
Standard First Aid Evening Course
$181.90 (incl of GST) Now: $176.55 (incl of GST)
Not available at the moment.
What our customers say about our courses
Y. Y. ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
I’ve attended the First Aid and AED courses at a few providers before and while those were good, what they have at SERA is a whole lot better.
I attended their First Aid and AED refresher course and having attended others before, thought it would be pretty much the standard two day course. At the end of the two days however, I came away from it not only better educated but having really really enjoyed myself! 👍
I had been to a few places for OFA course, but they were not well-equipped in managing people relationship. SERA has demonstrated as a leader in people-centric. They value my team, our goal for taking up the course and committed to see us through the course successfully. Kudos to you! SERA is indeed a 5 star rated institution. I will be back for more!!! 👍
Sally N. X. ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
We will like to thank SERA for the 3 days of First Aid and AED courses that were attended by our coaches. SERA management have been super helpful with our last minute request and giving us valuable feedback and updates. We are looking forward for more people to be certified and of course for those who have taken the certificates, we look forward to join back the class 2 years later, before the expiring of our existing certificates. 👍